The specifics of the role are listed below but you’ll only find the real reasons to consider it somewhere in your heart, soul, conscience or all of the above.
Ask yourself first when the last time was when you really examined your motivation to change jobs or to accept a new one.
Are you RUNNING FROM something as you consider a new employment opportunity OR are you GOING TO something?
If it’s the later…if you’re looking to hitch you time, energy, resources, intellectual capital to an organization whose products address some of humanity’s most pressing health issues (Alzheimer’s disease, macular degeneration, diabetes) then consider the opportunity to work with our client in the capacity of
statements and support the coordination of the Company’s quarterly and annual SEC filings as well as the SOX audits.
general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities. This position will oversee the global adherence to Company accounting policies and procedures, and the global financial reporting and general ledger structure.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Oversees the daily accounting activities required to maintain the general ledger of the parent Company and its subsidiaries.
• Assist in the establishment, maintenance and adherence of the global general ledger and account structure.
• Implement and assure adherence to the global Company Granting of Signing Authority.
• Establish, maintain and communicate the general ledger and related department, project and account structure to all personnel in the consolidated companies.
• Supervises, directs, prepares and reviews the work of the accounting staff (including, but not limited to, cash reconciliations, check runs, accounts receivable transactions, fixed asset activity, payroll, accounts payable transactions, debt activity, recording of revenue and expenses, and equity transactions, etc.).
• Cash management support.
• Supports budget and forecasting activities
• Maintains digital organized set of detailed records and files to document and support financial transactions within the Company’s document retention system.
• Resolves complex accounting issues or assists other Company personnel in resolving various financial issues.
• Reviews general ledger on a monthly basis to ensure accuracy of posting and account balances are accurate.
• Produces financial reports involving the Company accounts for monthly management meetings and Board meetings as necessary.
• Coordinates monthly, quarterly, and annual closing activities.
• Coordinates quarterly external auditors and SOX auditors’ period reviews of the Company’s SEC filings and compliance audits.
• Produces quarterly and annual financial statements and ad hoc financial reports.
• Makes and implements recommendations to improve accounting processes and procedures.
• Performs other duties as assigned or required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Strong understanding of GAAP and SEC accounting and reporting requirements.
• Understanding of consolidations of both domestic and foreign subsidiaries.
• Understanding of foreign currency accounting.
• Ability to identify the need and to develop and establish financial policies and procedures.
• Ability to work independently, with little supervision.
• Ability to effectively direct and supervise.
• Knowledge of operations financial reporting.
• Ability to analyze financial data and to prepare accurate reports in a timely fashion.
• Knowledge of policies and practices associated with payroll and benefits administration.
• Knowledge of personnel policies and procedures.
• Knowledge and ability in the use of a personal computer and software applications (e.g.
Microsoft, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Intuit Quickbooks, etc.).
• Ability to effectively use a modern automated financial management system.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to maintain accurate detailed records digitally..
• Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally.
• Ability to work effectively under stressful conditions.
• Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment and to react with discretion under varying conditions.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective and appropriate relationships with various stakeholders internally and externally.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in accounting.
• A minimum of six years experience.
• At least four years of experience in the area of financial statement preparation, budgeting, payroll, purchasing, accounts payable, and accounts receivable, or the equivalent.
• Experience working with an automated financial management system.